Off-Campus Housing & Neighborhood Relations
Location: University Memorial Center, room 313
Hours: During the school year our office is open from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm and during the summer, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm.
Our office maintains listings of rooms, houses, apartments, and roommate requests and provides students with Boulder maps, copies of the Boulder Tenants' Guide, the Boulder Model Lease, subleasing and roommate agreements, furniture rental information, moving tips and other materials related to living off campus. Students can also schedule an appointment with our lawyer on Tuesdays or Fridays to discuss rental concerns.
*Note: Off-Campus Housing & Neighborhood Relations is funded by CUSG. Services are for fee-paying students. If you are a parent or a transfer student and would like access to Ralphie's List you will need to request approval for a guest account.
"Educating and supporting students in their development of independent life skills"
We accomplish this by:
- Helping students make informed choices about housing and roommates
- Encouraging students to become knowledgeable and responsible tenants
- Assisting students in gaining the proficiency to solve problems when landlord and roommate difficulties arise
- Advocating an off-campus student perspective to landlords as well as city policy makers
- Developing student awareness of community values and responsibilities
- Creating valuable partnerships with community stakeholders
Off-Campus Housing & Neighborhood Relations offers a broad range of programs, opportunities, and resources to students seeking housing off-campus, educates students in understanding their rights and responsibilities as tenants, and assists students in resolving landlord/tenant problems and/or roommate conflicts. Off-Campus Housing is an advocate and housing resource for students, faculty, and staff of all races, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, and religious and political belief, gender, age, class, familial status, or mental or physical disability. Off-Campus Housing is fully committed to equal and fair access to housing for all students and to assist wherever possible to build bridges of respect, tolerance, and understanding in our off-campus community and between our students.