Landlord / Tenant Advisory Board
“We believe that through inclusive educational programs offered in a bi-partisan forum, we can bridge the gap between landlords and tenants and bring them together to develop mutually beneficial resolutions to common problems.” - Bruce Sarbaugh, LTAB Chairman
About The Board
The Landlord / Tenant Advisory Board is a non-governmental body made up entirely of volunteers from the Boulder property management industry and CU student-tenant representatives. Our bi-partisan structure is designed to provide a multi-faceted approach to many of today’s problems in the rental industry.
Our Free Services
- Help resolve security deposit disputes before a call for mediation or Small Claims court
- Assist in the development of better communication between landlord and tenant(s)
- Offer clear explanation of personal responsibilities that come with the duty of being a landlord or tenant
- Provide educational forums on all aspects of the rental world
- Address livability standards in order to enhance the quality and profitability of property and the tenant’s experience
Submitting a Case for Review
Whether you are a landlord or a tenant, you may request LTAB’s assistance in resolving a dispute. When a case is submitted for review, LTAB will first request both parties submit any documentation, statements, invoices, or other records regarding the dispute. LTAB will then carefully review all available information and issue a formal opinion which the parties can use for each a mutually agreeable resolution.
The written opinion of LTAB is NOT legal advice and should not be taken as such. It is the collective opinion of representatives from both sides of the residential rental industry as to a fair resolution of your dispute. Please review the Case Review Instructions and then fill out a Case Review Form and submit it to room 313 in the University Memorial Center. Call 303-492-7053 for any questions.